Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Formatting With Multiple Queries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKas

Programmer
Jan 20, 2005
US
Hello,

I am having a problem with displaying column headers where there is no detail information. My report requires two queries and a Master/Detail relationship between them. Here is my example:

Query1 Query2
Grant Fund
G1 F1 Person AFund Salary
G1 F2 Person AFund Salary
Person AFund Salary
G1 F3 J. Smith F3 $10,000
G1 F3 S. Jones F3 $15,000

The report is a list within a list. Query1 is the Master. The join is where Query1 Fund=Query2 AFund.

What I hope the above diplays is that I am always getting the column headings even when there is no detail data in Query 2. I want to hide these headings.

So, I added a Box and put all of the List from Query2 within the box. I then created a variable where Fund=AFund. If the condition=Yes then there is no change in Styling. However, if the condition=No, then I have a box type of "None", which should hide the Query2 list.

However, the above is not working. I am always getting the all column headings, even when there is no detail data. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Hello JKas,

I suppose you use ReportNet.
What do you mean with "adding a Box" - Do you put the Query2 in a ListColumn of the Query1 or do you put it in a Block or a Table?

However, if you have the Query2 in a ListColumn and you change the Box type to "None" the column heading is still displayed. You have to set the box type of the List Column Title also to "None".

Hope this helps.

kr, Timida

Apply the conditional formatting "Box type" equal to none whenever there is no data to the list header also(Query 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back