Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Formatting question--limited options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsteph

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Hi,
In Access 2000 (and, I assume, up to the current version), the conditional formatting doesn't seem to allow the complete set of textbox formatting options. Is this a known limitation?

For instance, I can't choose transparent/solid background. Is there another way to set this conditionally? I'm aware of the workaround for the '97 & previous versions with the different font and all of that, and that's a last resort, but I'd like to stick with the 'official' MS method if possible.

The problem is that I set the controls in design view to transparent background, and then I have a conditional format, and when that condition is met, the backcolor doesn't show for that field because my design default (not the condidional default for when no conditions ar met) has transparent, and in my conditional format assignment I can't set to solid background, and then of course I couldn't revert to transparent when no conditions are met. Am I missing something obvious here?

Also, is there any programatic visibility and/or editability to what's going on behind the scenes with this conditional formatting scheme?
Thanks,
--Jim

Eupher,
Yes, this is for continuous forms.
--Jim

How are ya jsteph . . .

In the Conditional Formatting window, [blue]what you see is what you get[/blue] . . . thats it!.
jsteph said:
[blue] . . . the backcolor doesn't show for that field because my design default (not the condidional default for when no conditions ar met) has transparent . . . Am I missing something obvious here?[/blue]
Microsoft said:
[blue]To use the BackColor property, the [purple]BackStyle[/purple] property, if available, must be set to Normal.[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Eupher, Aceman,
Thanks both, I was afraid of that. I think the old Access 9x workaround is what I'll end up doing then,
--Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back