Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Formatting based on a shared variable 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewilson2

Technical User
Feb 7, 2002
US
Crystal XI

I have a report with a subreport, and am passing shared variables from the subreport to the main report. Obviously I had to place the shared variable in a section below the subreport on the main report to get them to display correctly (Group Header A and B). I underlayed Group Header A so that the data would display on the same row.

This works great until I try to format one of the shared variable fields conditionally. For instance, the shared value pulls {contract.cost} from the subreport so that I can use it in a comparison on the main report. I want to highlight in RED the {contract.cost} field that does not match the {po.cost} field on the main report. As soon as I do this it no longer allows Group Header B to underlay Group Header A.

Is there any way around this?

Without testing this, why not place all of your group fields in GH_b along with the shared variable, and then format GH_a (which still contains the sub) to "suppress blank section", and also suppress all sections within the subreport, and format the subreport (format->subreport->subreport tab->check "suppress blank subreport".

The entire GH_a will no longer appear.

-LB

Thanks!

That worked perfectly. I can now format the Group Header B section based on the condition I wanted.

I appreciate the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back