Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

conditional format of cells in a cross-tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kretzer

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
NL
Hi,

I do have a cross tab. There are 3 different values in each row of this tab. There are the Plan value, the actual value and the actual value of the year before in this field.

If I do a formular like this on the actual value:

if currentFieldValue > {value of the year before} then crGreen
else
if currentFieldValue < {value of the year before} then crRed
else
crBlack

it seems to work - at first view. Most fields turn green (which is correct) some fields turn red - this is where the actual value starts with a &quot;-&quot; e.g. -68 or -1,27. and some stay black.

Now - the problem is: Why turns the field green where the actual value is 13,9 and the value from the year before is 21??? (another example is actual = 0,9 and the year before is = 1,5.

The thing which confuses me most is that if I do the same formula in the normal report - outside of the cross-tab everything gets the correct color. 13,9 is turning red becaus it's smaller than 21.

So why, oh wyh it's not working (for some fields)in the cross tab?

Thank you

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back