Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Form Event / Redirect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

staciann

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2006
US
Hi. I am working in SharePoint Foundations 2010.

I have a series of lists (and forms for each) that are related by "Asset ID":

1. Asset Info (1-1)
2. Computer Info (1-1)
3. Computer Updates (1-Many)
4. Phone Info (1-1)
5. Server Info (1-1)

Based upon what is chosen as the "Asset Type" in the "Asset Info" list, I need the form to redirect or make another form visible on the same page. (This is something I would normally do with a Macro or VB when working in Access.)

If "Desktop" or "Laptop" is chosen as the "Asset Type" in the "Asset Info" list, I need the record to save to the list and then either have the "Computer Info" form become visible beneath the "Asset Info" form or have the page redirect to the "Computer Info" form on another page.

Likewise, if "Cell Phone" or "Desk Phone" are chosen, I need the same to happen, but with the "Phone Info" form...

Is it possible to have this happen?

Thank you in advance for any advise you can offer,
Staci

Staci – Using Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, MS Dynamics SL (Solomon) Version 7.0, Salesforce 12, SharePoint Foundations 2010, Crystal Reports Version 10 & Adobe CS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back