Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Display of Images in Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

udaykamble

Programmer
Feb 10, 2009
US
I want to display different images depending on diff conditions in one of the column in the report in report studio.

How do I do that? Please help.

Example :

Code:
CASE
WHEN abs([Diff % X]) > 0.05 
THEN '..\samples\images\red.jpg'
WHEN abs([Diff % X]) > 0.01 THEN '..\samples\images\yellow.jpg'
ELSE '..\samples\images\green.jpg'
END

use this as query calculation. If you use images then you do not need to use style variables..

Ties Blom

Hi Blom,
I tried that solution but it only displys path and not the image. Any idea why is that?

Sorry, I was a bit too fast. Drag image from the insertable objects panel and then apply the expression pointing to the image files on the server.
My remark on query calculation was erroneous..

Ties Blom

Hi there, I have similar problem , i want to attach image to the report but when i browse the default location does not show any value,
How can i varify if i have correct URL to browse ?
If i do not have ..samples/images folders can i create it and then use the path as URL ?
Default URL in my case is is this correct ?

Also as i dont have access to the server network person has put images in the shared directory folder '\\machine_name\cognos_images' how can i use this ?
Is it possible to use this instead of URL and How ?

Thank You,

Hemang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back