Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

conditional custom build step

Status
Not open for further replies.

CambridgeGuy

Programmer
Mar 28, 2006
US
Hi.

I have a few assembly (NASM) files that are part of a C++ project. I use custom build commands to compile these files and it works fine.

I am trying to find a way to only compile these files when a certain preprocessor definition exists. For example, in the C code where the routines from the assembly files are used, I use "#ifdef USE_ASM" to only call those routines when USE_ASM is defined. Is there any way I can do something similar in the custom build command?

The only alternative I have been able to come up with so far is to create separate Project Configurations for using the assembly files, but this makes the project more complicated than I would like.

Any suggestions?

Is this VS6, VS2002.net, VS2003.net or VS2005.net? The configuration is different depending on which version you're using.

Sorry, I forgot to include that info.

I'm using MSVC6. But if there are solutions to this problem that use one of the newer versions, please let me know. I would consider switching.

Are you running on a platform that supports WSH? (eg 98/ME/2000/XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back