Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional background color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

butkus

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
US
I'm using CR8.5 developer / writing against V7 DB2 /

I have given the users of this report grouping options (upto 4 deep so far). I'm conditionally supressing the group levels that are not used (ie if the user only wants two grouping levels, 3 and 4 are supressed).

I've color coded the groups for ease of use and supressed the group footers except for the 1st group footer.

What I would like to have is this:

A conditional color on group footer 4 equal to the color of the last group header displayed (BTW, I'm using a custom color from the color pallette so I don't know the "names" of any of the colors being used). I want this so the user can drill down to the details line by double clicking in group footer 4. The conditional color is mostly for appearance sake.

Any ideas guru's???

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

James

The colors are pretty basic:

CRred
Cryellow
etc.

To know the last group header displayed for using a similar color, emulate your logic for suppression to derive it.

I'm sure you didn't expect a coded answer without supplying that.

-k

How whould I derive the color "name" or RGB value when a custom color is being used. Would a report definition provide that info?

James

Each custom color has an RGB value.

As you select the custom color from the CUSTOM->MORE screen, I believe that it shows the RGB values in the same screen.

-k

Pardon my ignorance (if I had been working with my eyes open, I would have noticed that the custom color pallette providese the RGB value) with that handy little bit of information, my conditional formatting was a snap. Thanks for the smack to the head.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back