Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Condition in Report Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljwmis

MIS
May 23, 2001
GB
I have a report in which the user has to complete a date condition (a date from and a date to) to capture all information between two specific entered dates. These dates may change with every run of the report.

Is there a way of showing the user entered date conditions somewhere in the report, without having to edit the report header every time the report is run.

Thanks.
LJW

Do you want a field in the report that will say the Date on which the report was refresh or run.

Add a variable &quot;<var>&quot; with formula
=LastExecutionDate(&quot;data provider name&quot;).

Thanks for the reply.

However, what I want is the users date parameters which are entered as a condition of running the report to appear in the report somewhere. For example if the user wanted ticket information for a period of 01/01/01 to 31/01/01 they would complete a condition before running the report but the report would show (without any editing) that the data returned was for the perio 01/01/01/ to 31/01/01.

I do not the date the report was re-freshed or run.

It can be done by putting a condition in the where clause of data provider...
like...
Date between prompt('Enter From Date') AND prompt ('Enter To Date')

run the report. it will ask you to enter the from_date and to_date and will fetch the records accordingly

I hope this is what you needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back