Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

condition format on date and contents

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart1000

MIS
May 23, 2007
GB

I want to conditionally format a whole column in a sheet so if the data held is less than today it will change colour

eg
Format > Conditional Formatting
1st box as "Cell Value Is"
2nd box "Less Than"
3rd Box - type =Today()

fill format Pink

BUT the trouble is I want to exclude those rows where no date entered and it shows these as Pink, I only want to test cells specifically where I have entered a date value

There are a couple of ways of dealing with that. probably the most straightforward is to add a new rul;e that applies to the same range, but placed above the existing rule that applies No Format is the cell is empty (=""), and then stops processing conditional rules for that cell (Stop if True), e.g

coonditional_iqlfd3.png

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8857bd91-2c29-4076-9310-3ec7989a0c83&file=coonditional.png
cheers, worked fine . I was tryin exactly what you had except instead of "" I was putting in NULL :(

mart1000,
You should reward strongm with a Star - click on [blue]Great Post![/blue] in his post.

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back