Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Condition Codes in SMDR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOUNGCODGER

Programmer
Jul 9, 2007
GB
Hello,

I am looking at the SMDR output from a BC12 PABX. Going through the data I have come across some Condition Codes that I am not familiar with. To date these are EJ, FCJ, FJ, K and PJ. I know that J = Internal Call and that C = Abandoned, but not the rest.The documentation I have is sparse to say the least. Initially it would be useful to know the meanings of E, F, K and P. Alternatively does anyone have a listing of all one, two and three letter condition codes?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,

YoungCodger [bigglasses]

"The truth about action must be known and the truth of inaction also must be known; even so the truth about prohibited action must be known. For mysterious are the ways of action

From ALEX BC13sp1:

3.1 Condition codes for call data
The condition code is the key element in the call record. It designates the type of call that was made.

Condition codes may have either one, two or three characters width, and are supported as shown below. The condition codes that have two or three characters width allow a more detailed description of the call case.

Condition codes are divided into segments. Depending on the segments, condition codes for one, two and three character width will differ. Segments indicates the type of call. For further clarifications see parameter description for CALL INFORMATION LOGGING .

It is possible to change the condition code characters by command. The tables below show the default setting of these characters.

It is also possible to prevent the output of certain traffic cases by removing the condition code character by command.

Condition code (type of call that consists of one characters):

Example of some of the condition codes used for Segment 0 (zero).

( ) Outgoing call
(A) Call handled by a PABX operator
(B) Calls to a busy party
(C) Abandoned calls
(D) Extremely long call duration
(E) Group call pickup calls
(F) Group Hunting calls
(G) Call has been connected with alternative route selection
(H) Recall to route
(I) Incoming call or tandem call
(J) Internal call
(K) Calls to vacant numbers
(L) Conference call
(M) Least cost routing
(N) Dialled party not equal to answering party
(P) Short Message Service (SMS) Call
(Q) Malicious Call Tracing
(R) Intrusion
(S) Dynamic Route Allocation
(T) Transferred call
(V) Data call
(W) Call terminated due to route optimization
(X) External follow me
(Y) Call established due to route optimization
(Z) DISA call
All these condition codes are the same across all the Segments, but some will differ. That is, single character condition codes falling under Segment 1 for Long duration calls will always displays D (for all types of traffic cases), similarly single character condition codes falling under Segment 4 for Data call will always displays V (for all traffic cases) .

Single character condition codes for the traffic cases, Operator Extended (A), ECF (X), Transfer (T), Route optimization (Y), LCR(M), DISA (Z), MCT(Q), SMS(P), DRA (S), Call terminated due to Route optimization (W) will be same across all the Segments 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7. Single character condition code for the remaining cases will change depending on the type of call.

Single character condition codes for the traffic case, Group Hunt Calls displays only F for the Segment 3. Similarly Group Call Pickup calls displays only E for the Segment 5. Similarly Direct Diversion calls and Diversion on Busy or Diversion on No Reply displays only D for Segment 6 and Segment 7, for the remaining cases displays N for all the Segments.

Condition code (type of call that consists of two characters):

(VJ) Internal data call
(VI) Incoming data call
(VO) Outgoing data call
(DO) Long outgoing call /Direct Divert /Diversion on Busy /Diversion on No Answer outgoing call
(DA) Long PABX operator extended call /Direct Diverted /Diversion on Busy /Diversion on No Reply calls Extended by operator
(DI) Long incoming call /Direct Diverted /Diversion on Busy /Diversion on No Reply incoming calls
(DJ) Long internal call /Direct Diverted /Diversion on Busy /Diversion on No Answer internal calls
(DV) Long data call
(DX) Long external follow me call
(NJ) Dialled party is not the answering party on an internal call
(NI) Incoming DID call when the answering party was not the dialled party
(NT) Dialled party is not the answering party on a transferred call
(CI) Abandoned non-DISA call for Segment 0
(CJ) Abandoned internal call for Segment 0
(CO) Abandoned outgoing call in a private network for Segment 0
(CZ) Abandoned DISA call for Segment 0
(FC) Abandoned Group Hunting outgoing /Incoming /Internal calls for Segment 3 and Segment 7
(DC) Abandoned outgoing /Incoming /Internal call due to Direct Diversion /Diversion on Busy /Diversion on No Reply in a private network for Segment 6 and Segment 7
All these condition codes are the same across all the Segments, but some will differ. That is, double character condition codes falling under Segment 1 for Long duration calls will always displays D and followed by the traffic case (for all types of traffic cases), similarly double character condition codes falling under Segment 4 for Data call will always displays V and followed by the traffic case (for all traffic cases).

Double character condition codes for the traffic cases, Operator Extended (A), ECF (X), Transfer (T), Route optimization (Y), LCR(M), DISA (Z), MCT(Q), SMS(P), DRA (S), Call terminated due to Route optimization (W) will be same across all the Segments 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 followed by a blank SPACE. Double character condition code for the remaining cases will change depending on the type of call.

Double character condition codes for the traffic case, Group Hunt Calls displays only F for the Segment 3 and follows the traffic case. Similarly Group Call Pickup calls displays only E for the Segment 5 and follows the traffic case. Similarly Direct Diversion calls and Diversion on Busy or Diversion on No Reply displays D and follows the traffic case, for Segment 6 and Segment 7. Double character condition code for the remaining cases displays N and follows the traffic case, for the remaining Segments.

Condition code (type of call that consists of three characters):

(NCI) Abandoned non-DISA call, dialled party is not the answering party.
(NCJ) Abandoned internal call, dialled party is not the answering party.
(NCO) Abandoned outgoing private network call, dialled party is not the answering party.
(NCZ) Abandoned DISA call, dialled party is not the answering party.
(FCI) Abandoned non-DISA incoming Group Hunting Call.
(FCJ) Abandoned internal Group Hunting Call.
(FCZ) Abandoned DISA call.
(FCO) Abandoned outgoing Group Hunting Call.
(DCI) Abandoned incoming Direct Diversion Call.
(DCJ) Abandoned internal Direct Diversion Call.
(DCZ) Abandoned Direct Divert DISA Call.
(DCO) Abandoned outgoing Direct Divert Call.
(DRI) Incoming call Diverted on No Answer.
(DRJ) Internal call Diverted on No Answer.
(DRO) Outgoing call Diverted on No Answer.
(DRL) Conference call Diverted on No Answer.
(DRG) Call has been connected with alternative route optimization on Diverted on No Answer.
(DRH) Recall to route Diverted on No Answer.
(DRV) Data call Diverted on No Answer.
(DRT) Transfered call Diverted on No Answer.
(DA ) Operator Extended call after Direct Diversion to the operator.
(DRA) Operator Extended call after Diverted on No Answer to operator.
All these condition codes are the same across all the Segments, but some will differ. That is, triple character condition codes falling under Segment 1 for Long duration calls will always displays D and followed by the traffic case and a space (for all types of traffic cases), similarly triple character condition codes falling under Segment 4 for Data call will always displays V and followed by the traffic case and a space (for all traffic cases).

Triple character condition codes for the traffic cases, Operator Extended (A), ECF (X), Transfer (T), Route optimization (Y), LCR(M), DISA (Z), MCT(Q), SMS(P), DRA (S), Call terminated due to Route optimization (W) will be same across all the Segments 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 and followed by two blank SPACEs. Triple character condition codes for the remaining cases will change depending on the type of call.

Triple character condition codes for the traffic case, Group Hunt Calls display only F for the Segment 3 and follows either the traffic case or a combinational condition code or a space. Similarly Group Call Pickup calls display only E for the Segment 5 and follows either the traffic case or a combinational condition code or a space. Similarly Direct Diversion calls and Diversion on Busy or Diversion on No Reply displays D and follows either the traffic case or a combinational condition code or a space, for Segment 6 and Segment 7. Triple character condition code for the remaining cases displays N and follows either the traffic case or a combinational condition code or a space Segments.

Triple character condition codes falling under Segment 1 for all the traffic cases will display only the appropriate condition code and followed by two spaces.

Many thanks again for this very helpful information. In the SMDR stream (not our PABX) I am getting frequent records of the format:-

0817081154 00055 A 5578
00 00 001001002 5578

Basically it looks like an outgoing call but with an extension number as the dialled digits! Usually the trunks within this Group carry level '9' calls'. As the call was handled by an Operator does this mean the Operator got an outside line/number for the Extension?

Many thanks,

YoungCodger [bigglasses]

THIS particular record doesn't indicate an outbound call - unless the route used is one-way outbound. Because the condition code is only "A", I suspect there is a companion record or two that can further explain the call case. If the operator originated the the outbound call for the extension and transferred the call to the extension, you should have one more record for the call originating from the operator, and another with a condition code "T" showing the extension and the circuit ID info.

If the call was an inbound call that went to the operator first, you should have companion records showing that call case as well.

You could also talk to the person at that extension and ask about specifics -- sometimes that's a bit easier than sifting thru call records.

Good luck,

Dave Strang

Hello Dave,

Many thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately the current status of the project does not allow me to talk to the client where this data emanates from. I have come across a few condition codes not in the document (might be me misunderstanding multi character ones) and was wondering if I was interpreting these correctly:-

EJ – Picked Up internal call
FJ – Internal call to Hunt Group
PJ – Internal SMS message
FCJ – Abandoned Internal call to Hunt Group

Many thanks,

YoungCodger [BigGlasses]

>EJ – Picked Up internal call
>FJ – Internal call to Hunt Group
>PJ – Internal SMS message
>FCJ – Abandoned Internal call to Hunt Group

That's the way I read 'em.

Dave Strang

Hello Dave,

Many thanks for your help. Another question I am afraid. In looking through the outgoing (level ‘9’) calls it appears the ‘talk time’ appears in the ‘call duration’ field and the ‘answer time’ in the ‘ring time’ field, as in some cases the ring time is greater than the duration. Some calls have zero duration and a ‘ring time’ which I assume is unanswered. However, I also have some that have a ‘call duration’ but no ‘ring time’! Condition codes are the same as the others.

Thanks in anticipation,

YoungCodger [bigglasses]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back