Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Concurrent Users in Excel 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmarkdavies

Programmer
May 22, 2001
GB
Hi, i have an Excel 2000 Workbook that connects to a SQL Server 2000 database and also runs quite a bit of Excel VBA behind the scenes to call Stored Procedures and run SQL against the database.

The problem i have is that when 3 or 4 Users open the Workbook at the same time it seems to be getting corrupted and throwing up RunTime Error 387. To resolve it i have to drop the Worksheet from the shared drive and replace it with a fresh copy from the backup folder (the contents of the spreadsheet do not actually change - it is all actioned in the SQL back-end). Should i be sharing the Workbook with Tools, "Share Workbook" or is there anything else i can try ?. Thanks.

If the file isn't already shared, why can't the users have their own copy?

Have tried opening the workbook as a copy? File, Open dialog box---- "Open" button's drop down.

Member- AAAA Association Against Acronym Abusers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back