Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Concessions for old 2000ivs voifemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthonyd1

Programmer
Aug 13, 2019
US
Is there any way to get cossesions for old 2000 vm. Have a custmer that needs auto attendant changed. I thought there was another way to do it through hyperterminal possibly ?

I have a copy of cosessions. First, it is still a DOS program and needs an old version of windows. Run the program in DOS mode. Second, it's too large to attach here. I will need a email address and provide access to dropbox for you to get it.

If this is an IM-16 board it runs on an OS/2 platform. It is possible to plug a VGA monitor in, and a PS2 keyboard and mouse (with ps2 splitter), and navigate around. CTRL-ESC will hop you around. If you get the CoSession running, that may be simpler. We run CoSession on an old Windows 7 Professional using a Virtual Machine in XP Mode.

It is possible to run the Cosessions software on a virtual machine in newer windows versions, there is just one problem though. You can't install Cosessions on a virtual machine!

I found a trick that works though, once you have installed it on an older machine, you can copy that installation to the virtual machine and it works. Being a DOS program, the Cosessions installer isn't like modern setup routines, it is much simpler so there are no registry settings or things like that to give you problems, it just doesn't like running setup in a virtual enviroment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back