Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Concerning streaming a video to WMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

XgrinderX

Programmer
Mar 27, 2001
US
Hello!

I have an application which hosts videos. We store them in a folder outside the because my client does not want people to "easily" be able to download them, he wants us to control them by streaming the videos straight to an embedded Windows Media Player (I know I know, let's not argue about that aspect of it....I just want to figure out how to do this the best way within the parameters my client has given me).

So I created a viewer.asp file that essentially goes out and grabs the file from its storage location and uses an ADODB.Stream to send the file to the client with a Response.ContentType of "application/octet-stream". I tell the embedded player to use that viewer.asp file and I pass it a variable which identifies which video to grab.

This was working great for several months but now my host is saying that the buffering is too much. That it is loading that entire video into the RAM of the server and its a problem with my code.

Anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this?

Shameless bump....anyone have any info on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back