Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Concept question: HTML rendering in Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzazzello

Technical User
Jan 25, 2005
US
Greetings,

I have a flash widget that I wish to have on different websites. A very simple question: If I have/get, say, Iframe code from somewhere else (dynamically acquired), can I somehow render it within my widget? I know that using javascript I can manipulate the IFRAME in which the widget itself sits, and I can "cannibalize" myself and have the widget IFRAME get set to the other one, but then I lose the widget. Is there a way to render/load the external IFRAME from WITHIN the flash widget?

thank you

Flash can call JavaScript so you can do whatever JavaScript can with Flash. If you mean you want to render HTML in Flash, you can only do very basic stuff in TextFields, so forget it.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Hmm, that is what I am gathering as well...perhaps there is another way then. The widget I have is basically certain content interspersed with ads. The ads are pulled from a variety of sources, some of which expose the actual image to load (which is easy). Others, however, give you a dynamically generated IFRAME. That's where the problem is - how do I load the IFRAME (one way or another), and be able to detect, say, clicks and other information within it? I can overlay the IFRAMES, but I cannot capture the clicks in such a way that both IFRAMES (the ad one and the one I, the widget, am sitting on, get it). Any ideas?

well, there are other considerations that "HTML" just cannot do, or has a much tougher time doing, but thank you for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back