Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conceal display of Forward All number

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyset6

Technical User
Sep 7, 2007
US
Is there a way not to display the phone number is call forwarded to? A customer prefers not to have their cell phone number displayed when their office phone is forwarded to it. I saw some posts in the Cisco Community, one referenced a link to what a believe was creating a new Translation pattern, but the link was invalid.

I tried creating a new Directory Number, forwarded that offsite, then forwarded the phone to that new DN. The off site destination phone number still displays with various settings in the Directory Number. I haven't tried this, but I did see what I believe is a global setting in Service Parameters - 'Always Display Original Dialed Number'. I don't want to change that without corporate approval. Maybe that's the only way. for now wonder if it could be done per a specific number.

I am not 100% sure if creating a Translation Pattern and updating the mask would work. Why not use SNR though?

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

Yes - SNR is definitely something to consider. I knew it as 'Find Me-Follow Me' in other VoIP systems I've worked with. I now realize the Cisco term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back