Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Concatenation Problem/"Enter Parameter Value" pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herakleitos

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2001
US
I'm trying to concatenate (I thinks that's the word) fields in Access 97. Using an update query where the field to be updated is a memo field. I have the following in the "Update To" section of the query design:

[ImportTable1]![Desc] & " " & [ImportTable1]![Low] & " " & [ImportTable1]![High] & " " & [ImportTable1]![CompTypeID] & " " & [ImportTable1]![EmployTypeID] & " " & [ImportTable1]![Reloc] & " " & [ImportTable1]![Sponsor] & " " & [ImportTable1]![YearsID]

But, when I try to run it, I get a "Enter Parameter Value" pop up for every table except the first one (Desc). Desc is a memo field and all the others are text fields. Some of the text fields have null values (but not all)

And, if I enter anything in the pop up (though I have no idea what to enter, I tried "Is Not Null"), the query runs - joining the memo info from the Desc field to whatever I enter in the pop up (i.e. not the values that are actually in those fields.

Anyone have a clue?

Try to put Nz function for each item:
[ImportTable1]![Desc] & " " & Nz([ImportTable1]![Low],"") & " " & Nz([ImportTable1]![High],"") & " " & Nz([ImportTable1]![CompTypeID],"") & " " & Nz([ImportTable1]![EmployTypeID],"") & " " & Nz([ImportTable1]![Reloc],"") & " " & Nz([ImportTable1]![Sponsor],"") & " " & Nz([ImportTable1]![YearsID],"")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back