Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

concatenating parameters in a request statement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xopas

Programmer
Sep 16, 1999
US
I seem to be having a little trouble. Hopefully some of you can help me.<br>
In an ASP script using VBScript I am having a problem concatenating the parameters dynamically in a &quot;request.form&quot; statement. I know that the referenced fields exist and that they have data. Please help!<br>
<br>
Here is the code:<br>
--------------------------------<br>
for i=0 to ubound(arrayString)<br>
updSQL = &quot;SELECT * FROM PUBLISHMASTER WHERE PUBLISHMASTER.SKU = '&quot; & arrayString(i) & &quot;';&quot;<br>
updRS.Open updSQL,Connect,adOpenStatic,adLockOptimistic<br>
if i &lt;= recLimit AND (request.form(&quot;buttonName&quot;) = &quot;nextButton&quot; OR request.form(&quot;buttonName&quot;) = &quot;backButton&quot;) THEN<br>
updRS(&quot;ACTIONTYPE&quot;) = request.form(arrayString(i) & &quot;_ACTIONTYPE&quot;) <br>
updRS(&quot;SHORTDESCRIPTION&quot;) = request.form(arrayString(i) & &quot;_SHORTDESC&quot;) <br>
updRS(&quot;IMAGEFILENAME&quot;) = request.form(arrayString(i) & &quot;_IMAGEFILENAME&quot;) <br>
updRS(&quot;DESCRIPTION&quot;) = request.form(arrayString(i) & &quot;_DESC&quot;) <br>
updRS(&quot;FEATURES&quot;) = request.form(arrayString(i) & &quot;_FEATURES&quot;) <br>
updRS(&quot;DEALERSELLPRICE&quot;) = CInt(request.form(arrayString(i) & &quot;_DEALERSELLPRICE&quot;)) <br>
updRS(&quot;DEALERCOST&quot;) = CInt(request.form(arrayString(i) & &quot;_DEALERCOST&quot;))<br>
updRS(&quot;MSRP&quot;) = CInt(request.form(arrayString(i) & &quot;_MSRP&quot;))<br>
updRS(&quot;SELECTEDITEM&quot;) = request.form(arrayString(i) & &quot;_sel&quot;) <br>
updRS.Update<br>
end if <br>
i = i + 1<br>
updRS.Close<br>
next <br>
--------------------------------------------<br>
<br>
Thank you<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor