Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computers not logging on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lblack

Programmer
Mar 25, 1999
IE
We have three PC's which are not logging into the network initially and crashing regularly.<br>
<br>
Virus scans reveal them to be free of problems. A few people seem to think it could be virus related, though. Hence my posting here.<br>
<br>
When these PC's are turned on, they simply act as non-network machines. Close/Relogon option allows them to log in, though.<br>
<br>
Anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening?<br>

Are these AMD machines running '95 SR-1? What are the details? Are the users reporting Windows protection errors? Need more information.

Logging on to what? An NT Server? You may not have the correct protocols installed/configured. Have you tried removing all network info in network properties and reinstalling the network components? How about latest drivers for the nics? Any specific error messages for the crashes?...etc.

<br>
I ran into a similar problem about a year ago. I do not remember any details but there could be some confusion in your registry settings pertaining to logon. Check Technet I remember the article in there about a year ago. Sorry I'm not more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back