Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer won't start, beeping alert sound.. may be RAM or motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fidopdp

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
US
TH7II Raid beeping Post code 01
Hi everyone,

I have been searching for hours to solve my beeping/siren sound. Computer specs:

Abit TH7ii Raid Mobo
Intel Pentium 4 1.8
512 Rdram

Recently I recieved a "CPU IS UNWORKABLE OR HAS BEEN CHANGED. PLEASE RECHECK - CPU SOFT MENU" and was able to press F1 to boot up.

After playing a few games of WC3 I would crash and recieve memory errors. Deciding to give my computer a rest. I shut down and after rebooting I started recieving a annoying Beeping/siren sound with a post code of 01 and have a blank monitor screen.

I have tried everything reseting the cmos, cleaning out the dust, making sure the heatsink and fans were in place etc. When powering up I can hear the computer trying to boot up but the monitor remains blank, and all the fans are running fine. After a long beep i recieve the siren beeps and can't boot up. Anyone with info please help!

Would that message be a clue - your CPU was dying and now has died?

so should i replace the motherboard? the ram? where do i start?

buying a new computer would hopefully be the last option

im buying a new set of RAM to try it out.. any additional help would be great

fyi .. replacing the RAM fixed the problem

strangely enough.. i can use both the old and new ram still and it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back