Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer stops transferring files when another computer uses domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgassner2

Technical User
Sep 19, 2003
US
Hey everybody,

I have ran into a problem that I cannot figure out. We have three PCs behind a firewall at a remote site that connects to our home network via VPN. When PC A transfers files from our servers everything works fine; untill PC B does anything related with the domain (i.e. another file transfer, logon). When PC B does something, A loses the transfer. An error then comes up about loosing the path to the files. After that, everything works fine.

If you have any ideas on a solution it would be greatly appreciated. I have opened up the necessary port according to a document I found online. So if you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,
Jon

Are you saying only one computer can connect to the Domain at a time from this office, or is it just Computer A that is having the problem? Does B lose a connection when A starts a transfer? Is there any limit on the number of connections that your software allows? Are the usernames and passwords identical?

URGENT (What isnt?) Disconnected from Domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back