Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer side business

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamccor

MIS
Apr 4, 2003
US
Does anybody have any clue where to find the going rate for computer repair? I live in NJ and have ten years experience. I have a fulltime job but need some extra $$. I have no idea what to charge people for services I provide. Also, can someone point the way to getting a credit swiper to use at home.
Thanks
John

re: credit swiper

Just talk to your bank. They'll have plenty of info on setting up your account- ie. numbers, machines, plans... That may be the fastest way at first.

Nick

I guess I could add that even if you just bought one of the machines, you would still need to set up a merchant account to process the transactions and make the deposit into your account. Different companies use different hardware and there may be a conflict which could simply be a pain for you at first.

Just my experience- each time my bank gets bought out, they change merchant processors which end up upgrading and changing my equipment- luckily at no cost to me.

Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back