Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer Reboots When Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mot98

MIS
Jan 25, 2002
CA
Hi All,

I have a workstation that is running XP Pro. Everytime the user goes to print from any application, the computer reboots. It gives no warning or anything, just shuts down and restarts.

I have checked the settings and made sure that the "automatic restart" box is unchecked in Startup and Recovery.

I have scanned for viruses and spy ware, but the system is clean, or so it seems.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

mot98
[cheers]
"Is it friday yet?"

Do you have the latest drivers?

Seems like the ones you are using are causing a real low-level crash.

Does it do it if you are printing to a different printer?

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

To get further information about any error look in your Event viewer.

Look in the System or Application folder. You can get to the Event Viewer via right click My Computer icon and select Manage.

Any errors logged in the Event Viewer can be expanded by double clicking on the error line.

Take any event error I.D. number and search for it on these sites.

Also check any "Information" line that mentions "savedump" and you should find reference to "recovered from a bug check". This is the Stop Error that caused your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back