Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer quits responding during FIRST part of setup for all windows v

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshVanHook

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2002
US
Ok, whenever i try to do a fresh install of windows 2000 or xp, my computer boots to the cd, loads all the files, and right after it says "Setup is Starting Windows" and i would normally get to choose the partitions it just quits responding. If i press the keys really REALLY fast i can get through more menus but it always inevitably freezes. Please help. Thanks.

What type of system are you installing on?

Is it known good hardware? Or have you upgraded or changed or is it a new system?

As much information you can give as possible will help us to help you.
Kimber

The more I learn, the more I realize how much more there is to know!

try disabling the cache in your bios and reenable it once ur OS is installed\

Kinda reminds me of a win95,b,c,98efe,98lfe,98se where memory was the problem. Failed at different places in each level install. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

I am with you Ed, happens a lot.
We need to find out about just we are installing on to....sounds like hardware to me.
Kimber

The more I learn, the more I realize how much more there is to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back