Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

computer logon 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamapollo

MIS
Aug 22, 2001
AU
Hi

Is there any way that a single client computer on a domain could be configured to only allow a handful of people to log into it, no matter what their security level.

Thanks

Michael

Hi

I checked that thread but I more want to go the other way as in all users can login to any computer except that one. The computer is trialling special software and we only want authorised users to be able to logon to it. so is there a way in ad to go into a computer account and specify what users can log into it. I looked around but can't find anything.

Michael

Create an OU in the GP for the computer and set the Log on Locally for the group you want to authorized to use the machine and Deny Log on Locally to the group you do not want authorized to use the machine. These properties can be found Computer Configuration > Windows settings > Security Settings > Local Policy > User Rights Assignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back