Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer keeps disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2002
US
My computer keeps disconnecting all of the time. Mostly it seems to do it when I go to check my email, go to open a website, etc.

Also, it will say it is "online" but then acts like it isn't. For instance, the connection window thing keeps popping up to tell me to connect but when I look down at the two little computers and view the online status it says I am connected. So I try to disconnect so I can re-connect and it won't allow me to.... because it says I am connected still. Finally I usually end up having to completely turn off the computer and re-start up again.

I can't really think what would cause it. I did download a desktop theme set which included a "Gator GMT" program, which I deleted... it seemed to cause problems but this was already starting to do these connect/disconnect things before the Gator was on it.

Also I have the McAfee virus protection program, I dont know if that can cause the problem. I have a answering machine on my computer called "Call Wave" which comes on every day, pops up and disconnects my computer and after it does that it says it is confimring my account (or something like that, can't remember the exact words). But it seems I had this problem even before then, it just seems worse now.

Also, I have problems with my screen looking like it freezes up when I am using my html editor "CUTE Html" program... and all the information just kind of criss-crosses together as the screen turns all white, and I have to turn the program off and re-start it.

This is all just a real pain, can anyone help?

Chrissy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back