Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer keeps changing location 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

max8699

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2006
AU
Hi All,
I set up a pc with win 7, installed all the software i needed to then i needed to join it to the domain to install some other software. Once that was all done I checked the system and it was still showing current location as Australia and format as English Australia.
I logged in as a user and all settings were the same, so I took the system off the domain, ran the sysprep and captured the image. When i re-imaged the machine with the captured image, as an admin it was all the same but when i login as a user now it changes to Location United states and format English (United states).
I've checked the servers and they are all saying location Australia, so any ideas where to look to find why this is doing this and how to stop it from happening.

Thanks in advance
Max

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

You must have left the American locale on the machine when you set it up, and Windows being Windows assumes everyone is American.

Login as 'The Administrator' and remove the second location and keyboard.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

If I log in as the local administrator it shows as location Australia, it's when I log in as a user that it changes to U.S. I've changed the locations in the control panel, don't know anywhere else to change it.

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Just to clarify, you've gone into Region and Language dialog and changed the system locale under the Administrative tab.

You've also clicked on the Copy settings button on the Administrative tab?

Excellant i forgot to click the copy button all good now thanks guys.

Regards
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back