Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

computer keeps asking for motvcd.vxd file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakenaam

Technical User
Sep 6, 2005
CA
Friends: I am running Windows 98SE. I had a Motorola SM56 modem which I uninstalled years ago. Now my computer freezes on my wallpaper page with the arrow and hourglass cursors stationary. I cannot use my keyboard or mouse. In safe mode I get this message telling me I am missing the file motvcd.vxd. I searched for all references to "motorola" and deleted them. Then I ; out the reference to motvcd.vxd in system.ini, yet the problem is still there. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks.

Hi
you said you uninstalled this years ago ? did you remove the hardware as well?
also if your computer keeps freezing
if yo go in safe mode it should let you by pass the error message if it will not you may have to do a system repair
but try this below first
you can check your resources and see what you have
go to start then settings then control panel then click on system then click on the performance tab then how much memeory do you have and how much percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back