Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer in "All Systems" collection dont see apps assigned to this ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

markm75

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2006
US
For some reason, I have several machines that do not see any applications that are assigned/advertised to this (All Systems) group...

I verified the machine is in the all systems collection..

The only advertisements these machines see, are ones assigned to user groups for the person logged in (Collections with user groups as members).

(I also seem to have lost the ability to add the group "Domain Admins" from my collections, in fact it was there recently but has vanished).

Anyone run into this assignment problem and found a fix ?

(I've tried removing the computer from SMS, then removing the client on the machine, then reinstalling)

Thanks

I would check that the systems in questions are in a SMS boundary, and if you are using AD sites, make sure the subnet is in the AD site, and that something funky isn't going on with the subnet mask on the local machine. Also check if you are using protected DP's that a subnet or boundary for those machines are located in one of the dps.

Well, in our environment.. there is only one domain (no sites), I doubt this is a protected DP either.. as we only have one set up.. I guess a workaround would be to add "domain users" group to the All Systems collection, since the domain groups seem to be working fine, but then this means the software needs reinstalled if a diff. user happens to log onto that machine..

One of my clients has 1 domain and 130 ad sites with 130 pdp's....but one thing I did notice was you talking about user groups and computers, they dont mix.

But if you have a group of static IP's that are not in a boundary that would be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back