Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer idle as soon as it is switched on

Status
Not open for further replies.

philliboy

Technical User
Jan 30, 2005
GB
Hi,
I wonder if you could help me. This is really doing my head in! I have a 3.0ghz P4, 512MB DDR Ram, 80 gig HDD and an Internal shared graphics adapter (Intel 82865g)Running XP Pro. This computer was made for me about 4 weeks ago and was running nicely until the other day. One morning it started freezing up while playing games, but I just restarted it and it went on fine. The next day, it won't boot at all! I turn it on and the hard disk light comes on and STAYS on. I straight away see the blue "Intel Pentium 4 Desktop Boards" loading screen but thats it. It stops there. It won't do anything. No safe mode to go into or anything. Please could you help on this?

Thanks

Take it back and let the people that made it for you worry about it. If you start messing with it there will be no taking it back.

sounds like a bios problem if you're not getting past post...

if you can, get the makers to fix it, if you can't, try flashing your bios...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

Reseat the processor, and RAM as long as you don't void your warranty by doing it. Make sure processor fan is spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back