Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagld

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
US
My computer randomly freezes. I am using Win2000. It can happen after 5 minutes of use or 5 hours. How can I diagnose this problem?

I am having same problem and have disabled the ACPI in Windows (motherboard is K7VZM) and replaced the modem, memory and video card. The system freezes for no apparent reason, nothing linked to hardware or a specific software. Anyone have the answer to this one???

I reckon installing the latest service MAY resolve this issue. Worth a try if nothing else

No its not the service pack 3. It was doing it prior to the installation, which is why i installed the service pack 3.

No intellimouse, no connected devices other than webcams (which i disconnected and it still did it).

Most of the event monitors I have turned off -- it was giving a IP service error -- which according to one tech could be causing problem (the event monitoring itself). so there is nothing there to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back