Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer Clock adds extra hour 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovs8

Technical User
Mar 15, 2004
US
Hi there,

Few of our WinXP Pro workstations started adding an extra hour after the last Daylight Savings adjustment. We are running Windows 2000 server Domain with the mixture of WinXP and Win2K workstations.

I ran the Microsoft's TZEdit.exe utility to edit Daylihgt Savings Time on our W2K DC. And our XP workstations have been updated with MS Updates. Yet I hear complaints from our Xp users that their clock adds an extra hour. They change their time back but it jumps back up.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Oleg

I think our workstations getting their time from our W2K DC.

Re-check the timezone. I found the same issue with my laptop yesterday morning. The timezone was off!

-David
2006 & 2007 Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP)
2006 Dell Certified System Professional (CSP)

Im having this same issue, but not with just XP/2000 Machines. This is happening across the board (winXP / 2000 / win2003Svr). Anyone have any ideas? ...

Same here.....Win2K PCs and Servers, a handful of XP PCs...all time zone settings are correct. If I manually change the time to the correct time, it changes back to the wrong time in 1 hour - even if I unselect the "auto adjust for DST" setting.....very strange!

I know it's far fetched, but what about the motherboard clock?

Stranger things have happened.

----------------------------------------
Exactly where is the point that you are assassinated rather than murdered?

For XP/2003, double-check and make sure the patch actually took. I had one XP machine where the patch started to run but died during the install. I just checked to see that the log existed, but didn't notice the file size was too small (about 4k instead of 14k).

Also, even if the time zone is correct, make sure in the Date/Time Properties on the clock screen it says "Daylight Time" not "Standard Time". If it says Standard then the machine isn't patched/the patch didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back