Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer Accounts losing trust with Domain Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcjunkey

Technical User
Nov 29, 2004
US
Hey guys,
I am using a win2k server and win xp, 2000 for clients. Soon we will be moving to win2k3. Anyway, we're experincing a problem where at random, the computer account either becomes corrupt or loses the trust relationship. Again, this is totally at random, we can rejoin it, and all seems to be fine? But this is a very annoying process, especially with 200+ machines.

Has anyone seen anything similar to this or know of a solution?

Thanks a bundle!

Wow, I'm experiencing the same problem only with one user. I get "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed".

When I login into the local machine as administrator and check the users accounts, all of the domain user accounts that I setup on this computer are gone.

How did you rejoin the domain? This is puzzling.

Thanks.

hboyd-

Yeah this is a weird weird problem. Still no Solution, the way we rejoin the pcs is.

1. Log off the local machine
2. Delete the Active Directory Computer Account
3. log on the machine locally as admin
4. Delete the other user's stored profiel
5. RightClick My Computer, Properties, Network Id Tab, Properties
6. Join the computer to a workgroup
7. Then click OK and after it says "welcome to this workgroup"
8. Re-enter the Domain and click ok, reboot.

hboyd-

Have you come across any relevantly similar information on this topic? I can't seem to find anything and nobody seems to have any answers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back