Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CompTia E-Learning for A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsisley

Technical User
May 11, 2007
US
Does anyone have any experience with the CompTia provided E-Learning for A+? The cost is about $530 or so. I have done the "try before you buy" lesson and I like it. It is informative while providing a level of interactivity. If I were to take the two classes for A+ certification at my local community college, I'd be looking at spending $432 + books - so I don't think the cost is out of line.

My level of experience is strictly personal. I bought my first PC in 1993 and installed the modem to get onto the Prodigy BBS shortly after I bought the PC. I've upgraded memory, installed CD drive, etc. I'm fairly familiar with the inside of a PC and cracking a case open to look around inside doesn't intimidate me in the least. I've set up wired/wireless networks in my home and understand some about wireless security.

I'm hoping to get into more of an IT position and thought the A+ would be a good start. After getting A+, my next step would be getting an education in Networking and getting Network+ certification.

I've seen lots of info here about various study guides and resources for the A+ certification test, but I haven't seen anything regarding the E-learning offered by CompTia.

Any thoughts/advice is appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
JoAnn :)

I've just been using the books. I can sit on the patio and read it rather than sitting in front of a screen for hours. Besides, the books are cheaper.

Check amazon for books...especially reviews on them.

A+
Network+
Security+
MCP/XP
Network Systems Admin - Technical Diploma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back