Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compressing executable size!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRP

MIS
Aug 5, 2001
IN

We are using Informix IDS 7.31 and earlier we were using Informix online 5.x. Now as I observed the executable file size (*.4ge,*.x) is bigger in Ver 7.31 compared to older one. Is there any way out to reduce the file size? I tried some of the steps which were given in manual, but it did'nt reduce much. Any new ways?

G.R.P.

Hi:

Don't mean to elaborate on the obvious, but since your "4ge" programs are "C" execuatables have you done a:

strip programname.4ge

Sometime the compiler leaves code used only by a "C" debugger. This isn't required for production code.

regards,

Ed

I am using strip command regularly to compress the size. But there is no considerable decrease in size after using strip.

Basicallly, I am looking out for any other means and was eager to know how others are mananging.

Thanks for your suggestion,

G.R.Patil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back