Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Composite Host-ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuegli

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
CH
Hello

I have a Question.
How can i implement the composit host id in Networker 7.42?
i Would like to use a Networker Server as Cluster (Active-passive). So that i only have to start the Networker on the Passive Server to continue the Backups if the Aktive Server crashes.(The Networker DB is on the SAN and bouth Server ´have conection the the Datas.

Thanks for your help.

Stephan

It should not have changed.

In the /nsr/res directory, create the file "hostids", listing all individual hostids, separated by colons, like
hostid_1:hostid_2:hostid_3
etc.

Hello 605

hanks for your fast help.

But 1 thing i dont unterstand.

1 have at the moment 1 Networker server with the host-id 123456.
Now a install a second Networker Server (as passive claster) after the installation of the Networker Software i have a Host-ID of 987654.

Now a creade a hostids File with 123456:987654
My question now what is the composite Host-id ? (The host-id Bouth Servers have) ?
All my Auth Codes are made with the 123456 Host-ID.
What can i do that bouth Servers have this ID ?

Stephan

You can't have 2 machines with the same hostid.

This is why they use this trick. What you will receive in return is a new 'composite' hostid which you must register again.

where can i find the new composite Host-ID ?

When i unterstand you right then the Host-ID under Registration in the GUI is still the old Host-ID is that corect?
Stephan

The composite hostid will simply replace the 'old' hostid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back