Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

component to create business cards on the fly. see description

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoveswp

Technical User
Jun 20, 2007
ZA
I am looking for a component / plugin for one of our intranet applications.

The client requires that a user can order business cards via the portal. The business card will have a standard layout, but the user will be able to capture their information via a asp/aspx page and sumit. The result will be the information will automatically be added to the card layout and converted to pdf (or other printable format) ready to go off to the printers.

here's an example (but it's a website)
Please help.

shoves

I don't know of any components specifically for cards, but I'm thinking it would be possible to use a PDF component to do what you needed. It should be possible with a decent component to read in one of several "template" pdf forms, add some extra text to it, then save it out (or email it).

The only tricky part would be a preview mode, but if you create PDF templates for the card backing, then it wouldn't be too hard to create a CSS template for cards as well to show in the browser as a preview.

Best MS KB Ever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back