Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Component Service is not started!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plarocque

MIS
Jul 2, 2003
CA
I don't know much about COM and DCOM. I will try to explain my problem the best I could. If you need anymore details let me know.

1. When I open my COmponent service MMC and I try to browse to "My computer", beside the "My computer" topic, there is an icon on the left side, a small computer, on mine I have a red arrow on top of it, as if to say "sorry this is down". And this is my problem, I don't know how to start it. If I try to access my COM+ application, I receive an error about an error in the catalog??? Don't know what it means, Microsoft neither. If I try to access my DCOM Config, I see all my object, but I cannot access the properties of any of them.

The "Distributed transaction coordinator" and the "WMI" are running without errors, the registry is exactly the same as another computer where everything is alright. I re-ran SecEdit on the box without change.

This is happening on a Windows 2003 server Entreprise version.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can give me. And if you need any more information let me know.

Pierre.

Have you looked to see if the com+ service is started?

The more I learn the more I find I know nothing.

Rob

I am having this problem also is there a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Eric

In my case, it was a missing registry key that cause the problem. I was able to solve the problem by copying the key from another computer, I know your not suppose to do it, but it works. And since then, I did it many times, 4-5 times on different computer without problem. The key in question is HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} and all the subkeys as well. Do an export of this key from a box that works properly, then import it in your Reg. Try again. let me know if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back