Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Component in BOM isn't showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

joybee36

Technical User
Feb 10, 2006
US
Hello - I have a BOM where we are only using a percentage of the component to create the item. For example - I have a carton of flooring that we are cutting up to create a take-home sample. Each carton of flooring creates 21 samples. So, I have 2 components for each sample: the label and .048 of a carton. I can ENTER this in the BOM, but it won't print on any of the paperwork, and it doesn't appear to be allocating in the inventory, even though the POP order I've entered is for 21 samples. What am I missing?

Entering a BOM does not create any paperwork. Nor does entering a POP order. What is it that you are doing that makes you expect some paperwork or allocations?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Possible starting point:
I would check the setup of the item master of the component (Active ? and the date), and on the BOM there is an effectivity date, this is the date that the component will be used by POP.

Turns out that the component item that I was trying to include was originally obsolete in the item master table. I had already changed it to active, but apparently I needed to delete the POP order, delete the item from the BOM, rebuild the BOM, then re-enter the POP order. Then the inventory was allocated and decremented properly, and all components printed on the production work order. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back