Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complicated runtime parametrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelNZQA

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2003
NZ
Well it appears complicated to me....

My selection parameter is field1 on table1 from which I accept field2, I then want to re-scan table1 and select and report all records that match field2, irrespective of the value held in field1.

I achieved this to a certain degree by re-writing my SQL via the 'ShowSQL Query' option through a
Select * from table1 where field2 in(select field2 from table1 where field1 = nnnnn) where nnnn is a specific value.
In doing this the SELECT EXPERT options have gone and I am unable to force field1 to accept/prompt a runtime parameter.

Any thoughts?

ok. I feel u get the current query copied and then try resetting the database query. This way i think, u can again see select experts option

In Crystal 8.5, I'd use an Alias, which allows you two views of the same table. It will treat them as if they were two distinct tables/files, which should solve your problem.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back