Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complex Rollovers/uncessary table columns. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyfromoz

Technical User
Feb 1, 2001
AU
I'm in the process of creasting a page that will have a list of product categories or types across the top of a web page. When the user mouses over on of the entries, a centre picture will change depending on the category. Have done it one Fireworks 4, works a charm, but when trasnferred to Dreamweaver, all these extra columns are made. I've managed to get the extra columns down to one, but this is still no good. i need to insert extra info beside my centre picture, and each time I do, it stuffs up the width of the table where the picture is and wrecks it.

If someone out there has a solution for creatin complex rollovers such as this I'd be most interested in hearing it.

Hi Nippi,

could be that Fireworks is actually slicing up the image in a less than efficient manner - it tends to do this. Luckily you can fix it by using the slice tool. Turn the web layer on so that you can see the green slice overlay, this will show you where FW wants to slice. If you find that its slicing an image you want to keep whole simply drag a slice over that whole image. Keep doing this until the layout looks a simple as possible.

Remember all the red lines will be your table rows and columns, so try to make them line up if possible, even if this means changing your design a little. A small compromise here can mean much simpler HTML and tables. Ideally all your necessary slices will meet perfectly so that you don't have little slithers all over the place - this should simplify your table arrangement in DW.

And take advantage of the info palette to resize your slices and make fine adjustments (it's easier than the transform tool) and the arrow keys to nudge your slice into place.
If that doesn't work or I've missed the point completely post again or email me.:)

gollyg

Whilist you are here GollyG, I'm building an ASP site with lots of formss and don't wish to use the boring "submit" graphic for buttons. How do insert my own graphic for these buttons. My javascript background is minimal.

try this in the witin the form tags - should work
Code:
<input type=&quot;image&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; name=&quot;imageField&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; src=&quot;images\submit.gif&quot;>

Umm, and can I have a rollover button as a submit button for a form? Your solution worked a treat, but I need to have a rollover to spice it up a bit more.

Tah Gollyg. Can you recommend a Javascript book as I'm about to invest. I'm not into the &quot;For dummies&quot; style books as they leave too much out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back