Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complex Query on Current Date and time

Status
Not open for further replies.

growleruk

Technical User
Jan 20, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I am trying to run a query that will QUERY a table by selecting the current date and time. The fields in my table as follows:

"1"Backup_Name
"2"Week
"3"Day
"4"Start_Time
"5"Start_Date
"6"Finish_Time
"7"Finish_Date

eg:

"1" "2" "3" "4" "5" "6" "7"
SQL BACKUP 1 Tuesday 16:00 20/01/2003 12:00 21/12/2003

The table will be completed spanning over a year.

The query needs to be able to take current date and time and query between start time/date and finish time/date to return the the correct day and week speccified.

If query done on 01:00hrs on 21/01/2002 the query ould return week 1 Tuesday SQL backup.

Hope someone can help. This one is doing my head in.

what are the datatypes of the date and time columns? the reason i ask is because microsoft access always stores both date and time in datetime fields

if you were to combine your date and time columns, then you could say

where start_datetime <= now()
and end_datetime >= now()

rudy

The Start_date and finish_date are both short date format and start_time and finish_time are both short time format.

I think I see what you are saying. Combine the 4 columns into 2 using date and time format.

I will give this ago thanks and post results...thanks

As simple as that, and theres me syaing it was complex. I think I was looking a bit too deeply into the problem.

Thanks for help does exactly what I want it to do

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back