Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complex Drilldown Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

jconway

Programmer
Dec 14, 2005
I have a report I'm creating that the users want to drill into. However, they are very specific about what they want to drill into. The report lists clients and Ageing buckets, so looks like the following:

0-30 Days 31-60 Days 61-90 Days Etc
# $ # $ # $
Client 1 5 500 2 100 10 500
Client 2 10 300 5 250 20 800

My users would like to be able to click on the 20 and see only the 20 accounts for Client 2 that are from 61-90 Days old. How I have it set up, they see all Client 2 accounts. Any input on how I get my desired result?

Thanks!

You would have to use a separate on-demand subreport for each column that is linked to the row field and with specific values in the selection formula for the interval. You could set this up so that the value, e.g., 20, was the field to click on/link to the subreport.

-LB

An alternative is to turn the "0-30" etc. into a lower-level group. This would mean it would have to be on a different line, but the business could then click on it without the need for a subreport.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back