Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complex diverting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2001
GB
I've got a user asking for something that seems awkward/impossible (no change there then!?) - I quote..

"The direct line should ring 4 times, if unanswered it should divert to the hunt group for 4 rings, if no reply it should revert back to the directline and voice mail."

Intuitively I'd say that this is not possible, since the direct line would not know whether the call it's being presented with is a direct call or one diverted back from the hunt group. Hence it would not know whether to forward the call to the hunt group or to VM.

At present we are just using a shared line rather than a hunt group - but I'm OK with setting them up a hunt group and pilot etc.

We're using CM 6.1 with Unity voicemail...

By default, the CallManager will do exactly as you have been requested when the call is Ring No Answer CFWD to another number that is set for Ring No Answer to VMail. The system, when it sends the call to VMail, retains the original dialed number. For doing this with a Hunt Group, I would think it will do the same if your Hunt Group is set to Ring No Answer to VMail also. The only way that I can see to break it is if the system default setting has been changed or if you tried to RNA the Hunt Group back to the original line and then as you said, the call would look like a new call and you would have a circular pattern of Phone > Hunt Group > Phone > Hunt Group because the call would never go to VMail.

Yep, that's pretty much how I imagined it - but because I have multiple direct lines and one hunt group the RNA won't be able to go back to the "originating" direct line...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back