Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Completely uninstalling Oracle from WinX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonBrown

Technical User
Mar 31, 2000
US
Unless I'm mistaken the uninstallation option provided the Oracle Installer only adjusts entries in the registry and removes the shortcuts, but doesn't completely remove all of the Oracle related registry entries, files, and directories that Oracle installed. This is fine if you want to upgrade or something, but if you want it gone, say to move it to another machine, and don't want anything on the first machine then it appears that you must resorting to registry hacks and manually doing a search and distroy. Is there a better way to do this? I've been doing the hard way ever since versions 7.2.3.

P.S., Oracle, if you're listening: Please put a checkbox option that allows your products to completely delete themselves, including the installer, right from within the installer.

Thanks
Ron Brown

I've always had to do that too. Really stinks...

Terry M. Hoey
th3856@txmail.sbc.com

Ever notice that by the time that you realize that you ran a truncate script on the wrong instance, it is too late to stop it?

Thanks for the reply. That's kind of what I thought.

Go to the Oracle website and look for "clean machine" to find instructions how to clean all the crap out of the registry on winx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back