Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Completely New to this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie2271

Technical User
Apr 23, 2006
US
Hello.

I am currently CompTIA A+ Certified, I'm about to take my Network+ and then go onto my MCP.

I have seen quite a few jobs that need an understanding of Oracle.

I am completely new to this, I do have a book that extremely THICK!

Does anyone have any material that is useful to learn the subject? Any videos or anything like that?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Nothing beats hands on. You can download Oracle for free from as long as it's not for commercial purposes. Just wanting to learn it makes is a freebie for you.

Get a PC with a lot of memory and a big hard disk (couple hundred Gig). Install Linux or Sun Solaris for x86 (also a free download from Download Oracle. Use your books to install, configure, and "play" with it.

You'll learn a lot more doing that than just reading a THICK book, and all it costs you is the cost of a PC and some time. And maybe some more books if you find the one you have isn't that good.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back