Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complete Oracle uninstall???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonBrown

Technical User
Mar 31, 2000
US
My appologies to any who might have seen this on the other Oracle list, but I didn't know there was a list for 8 too.
Unless I'm mistaken the uninstallation option provided the Oracle Installer only adjusts entries in the registry and removes the shortcuts, but doesn't completely remove all of the Oracle related registry entries, files, and directories that Oracle installed. This is fine if you want to upgrade or something, but if you want it gone, say to move it to another machine, and don't want anything on the first machine then it appears that you must resorting to registry hacks and manually doing a search and distroy. Is there a better way to do this? I've been doing the hard way ever since versions 7.2.3.

P.S., Oracle, if you're listening: Please put a checkbox option that allows your products to completely delete themselves, including the installer, right from within the installer.

Thanks
Ron Brown

Thanks!

I need to look around that site more.

It could just be me, but a lot of the information at the tech-sites seem to be down "twisty turny tunels -- all a like", so you practically have to know the answer to find it.

It would be funny, if when you clicked the site-map you go that picture from Adventure (aka, the Big Cave)!

Oh well, things will get better, especially with groups like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back