Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complete Newbie Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK79

Technical User
Aug 12, 2001
GB
Nothing nothing about Exchange Server can any of you guys answer this?

Where can I find and view mail sitting at the Exchange Server wating to be retrieved (ie before the user has presses Send & Recieve using Outlook). On most MailServer packages, there is a facility to view this.

Can this be done in Exchange?

Outlook should be opening the mailbox directly so you don't get this option.

The only I know of is to mess with the registry on the mail server to redirect messages (any sent/received from or to any users)to another mailbox - IT IS NOT RECOMENDED THAT YOU DO THIS.

You can redirect all incoming mail to alternate recpients, we have this in use on some of our sites where the local MDs have a trust issue!

To turn on this function using exchange adminstrator open up the users mailbox properties from the recipients container and on the delivery options tab add another recipient. This function is commonly used when you mailbox alias, eg, sales@company.com.

Open the Exchange Administrator, select connection on the left hand side, double click your IMS on the left hand side (Internet Mail Service), and select Queues. You will have options to view inbound and outbound messages waiting for delivery...........

Thx,

Drew

Actually the IMS is on the right hand side...........

keke

Drew

I thought Exchange (5.5 anyway) processed mail quickly and delivered it straight to the users mailbox, even if they have yet to login remotely.

IC what you are saying. I don't know of a way through Exchange to actually see the mail on the server.

The only other thing that we run here that might help is message tracking which will let you check the status of messages sent out through and coming in from the IMS. That is enabled on the IMS under Internet Mail, Enable message tracking.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back