Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complete Hotfix listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

markettm

MIS
Aug 16, 2000
US
Hey everyone, wasn't sure which forumn to post this question.

Does anyone know where I can get a complete listing of every single hotfix, security rollup, etc for Windows 2003 and 2000 servers?

Can't believe there's no complete listing in a download format from MS's site.

I'm trying to build a complete list from the ground up to show the hotfix/security patch number, which OS it applies to, which portion of the software it applies to and then I'll add a column in indicating whether I approved it or not for installation.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance!

-Mike

You probably are leaning towards SUS.
Here you can download patches for different operating systems, languages and so on ... and you are also able to only roll out the patches which you have approved in front.

To build some kind of manual list of all the updates ever released is totally unneccessary. The SUS service will build this list for you.

Thanks Tupliphead, I've got WSUS set up now. I can see a listing of what's there, but not in the format I want. Was hoping for a nice .csv format.

Oh well, I'll work with what WSUS can give me. Thanks again!

-Mike

Mike you can also install MBSA 2.0 which will analyze your machine and tell you what patches are missing.

Thank you both itsp1965 and elmuado! Much appreciated!!

-MIke

There's also one very easy way, go onto Windows Update website, and click on review your update history on the left hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back