Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

complete global international necessary digits in a sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidpro

Technical User
Dec 2, 2008
GB
Hi Everyone

I'm doing some optimisation of an E.164 international dial plan (basically PSTN dialled including everything beyond 00......) and although I do have a spreadsheet containing all this raw data, it's about 12 years out of date. I basically administer a phone system that supports both dialling before hitting the dial tone button and also after - so it wants to know how many digits is the right amount of digits before it sends the numbers to the trunk. It's in the most basic form expecting all E.164 numbers to be 15 digits and that means like for the USA which is actually all 13 digit numbers (from international) there is a 6 second delay anticipating potentially 2 more digits @ 3 second delay each.

Eseentially I'm planning to put in all the necessary digits per country in the world. So for example 0086 for China will be:

00860 - 14 digits (China landlines)
00861 - 15 digits (China Mobile Phones)
00862 - 14 digits (China Landlines)
00863 - 14 digits (China Landlines)
00864 - 14 digits (China Landlines)
... and so on.

It could be as simple as the maximum for each E.164 country or it could go into further in-country detail like the china example above...

Does have a recent example or a link to one?

Thanks

ProAction Networks

NEC Phone System Forums:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back